or, “Beauty and the Beast” and “Finn and Rose’s Extraneous Adventure” and “Rebel Without a Clue”
Or, “Dang it, Disney, do better!”
Or, “Not all remakes are remade the same.”
I have a lot of random thoughts. Like, a LOT, so this entry runs on a bit (and then a bit more… and if I’m honest a bit more than that), so settle in for a long read.
Yeah, yeah, I said I wasn’t that interested, but I am not entirely immune to the pull of the cultural zeitgeist that is the “Star Wars” franchise.
1) There is much to learn about the ways of the Force.
2) Emotionally and verbally abusing one’s super-powerful, mentally unstable apprentice is probably a bad idea in the long run.
3) The Mouse never misses an opportunity to sell merchandise.
4) Not every secret plan is worth keeping secret.
5) I really don’t care about the fate of the giant horse-goats.
6) The audience already knows Hux is a cartoon villain of the worst kind. We really don’t need him treated almost literally like a cartoon.
7) Poe Dameron is a terrible soldier.
8) Introducing a new character and having other characters say she’s awesome doesn’t actually make her awesome.
9) Kylo Ren doesn’t understand one of the fundamental rules of cool – if you have to work that hard to prove you’re cool, then you’re just not cool.
10) Leia is extremely forgiving of Luke’s complete abrogation of his responsibilities to his family and the galaxy.
or, “Disney’s current business model.”
Fair warning; this entry’s pretty serious, so I totally understand if you skip it.
or, “Batman: The Mattel Tie-In Series”
or, “Thoughts on Gendered Marketing via ‘Batman Unlimited'”