Kind of spoiler-y.
1) Some movies are absolutely worth the price of 3-D IMAX.
2) Sorcery is learning when to break the rules.
3) Five Infinity stones are now accounted for.
4) Benedict Cumberbatch is a fine actor, but his American accent sounds like an accent.
5) Even mystic temples have wi-fi, and have it password protected.
6) The Cloak of Levitation has a mind of its own.
7) Ancient mystics are always bald.
8) The impetus for Thor: Ragnarok.
9) If you want to have a good indication if the entity you’ve sided with is evil, Strange is right; look at your face.
10) While better than WB/DC, Marvel Studios isn’t very good at giving the female love interest something to do.
Overall, I give the story a solid B. Some good witty lines, solid origin, a little better than Thor. But the special effects are simply amazing. This movie had the burden of basically denying the stated reality in every other Marvel Studios movie (i.e., there is no such thing as magic!). The movie succeeded in showing that yes, there is much more out there than has been shown in previous movies. The special effects played a big role in that, and I don’t mind special effects when used to aid the storytelling. I enjoyed it and recommend anyone who wants to see it do so soon so you can see it on as big a screen as possible.
If you haven’t seen it yet, there’s a mid-credit teaser and an end-credit sequel bait scene. Also watch out for the obligatory Stan Lee cameo.