So the alien invasion is taking up a lot of my time. A lot a lot. But I did find time to watch Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice which spawned this entry. You probably will notice by the title this actually concerns the first movie in WB/DC’s effort at an expanded universe. I’m making this list first because a lot of things I learned from Man of Steel carry over into “BvS” and I don’t want to duplicate myself or miss some of the vital issues. So here we go, a bit late:
1) WB/DC doesn’t like Superman much.
2) Superman has terrible role models.
3) Lois Lane is just a plot device who is clearly only included so Superman can eventually date her.
4) Kryptonians don’t believe in security protocols for their spaceships, not even prisoner ships.
5) Superman doesn’t understand the importance of leading enemies away from bystanders.
6) Superman is Jesus, apparently?
7) The plot is motivated by contrivance, not character.
8) Superman has some serious anger issues.
9) Why bother building up emotional stakes when the same impact can be achieved through narrative shortcuts?
10) You will believe a man can brood.