So the year is about to close out and my posting has really tapered off. I apologize and will try to pick up the pace, but there are major upheavals upcoming in my life and should hit right around the Chinese New Year (Year of the Yang Fire Monkey). How long it will take to settle into a new normal and what that might be, I just don’t know. I’ll do my best, anyway.
New Year’s Resolutions:
1) Finish my fourth “Nevermore and the Ravens” novel – I’ve actually got about half of it written but I just completely lost my inspiration around May and never quite got it back. Certain events occurred in May that probably were the reason I got so off-track and I’ve been dealing with that ever since. Anyway, I do plan to finish as soon as I can. I’m actually trying to write a coherent novel instead of short stories and perhaps after three collections of short stories I’m just really rusty at writing a single, long story. In the meantime, here are links to the currently published three:
a) Necromancy for the Greater Good
b) Paranormal is Relative
c) Saturday Night Séance
2) Exercise – I know, who doesn’t have this as a New Year’s resolution? One of my trainers said the new schedule was up for 2016 and recommended signing up for classes two to three days in advance (usually there’s an opening even the day of) because, “We’ll have some new friends in January. They may not be around in March, but make sure you sign up early just in case.”
3) See the new “Star Wars” movie – no, I haven’t seen it yet because I hate crowds and I figured it wasn’t leaving the theaters any time soon. I’ve heard it’s pretty good, and if I don’t see it I’ll have to turn in my nerd card. Anyway, it’s nice to have a resolution that’s pretty easy to keep.
Stuff I’m Looking Forward To:
1) Agent Carter, Season 2 – this should come as a surprise to no one. Oh, Peggy, I’ve missed you so.
2) My swag from supporting Atop the Fourth Wall: The Movie.
3) Luke Cage – thus far the first two Defenders series have not disappointed, and I liked the actor chosen to portray Power Man.
4) Deadpool – I know, I know, Fox has burned me before, but the trailers give me hope that the team behind making this movie actually get Deadpool. I just hope the movie doesn’t spend too much time on his origin.
5) Dr. Strange – oh, please, oh please feature Benedict Cumberbatch yelling, “By the Hoary Hosts of Hoggath!” That would be amazing.
If you ever have an opportunity to see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra in concert, go do it. My ears are still ringing but the show was amazing. Dough for gingerbread cookies (I made dinosaurs instead of men) is the stickiest dough I’ve ever worked with and I’m not sure I’ll do it again. Stan Lee just turned 93 years old. I want to grow up to be Stan Lee. I’m also considering picking up “Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur.” We’ll see. Stay tuned and I’ll try to be more regularly entertaining (Wednesdays and weekends) next year!