No spoilers, promise.
1) I heart Rocket Raccoon.
2) Rocket Raccoon is not actually a raccoon.
3) Giving a movie a definite date of reference does not date the movie.
4) Destruction doesn’t have to be destruction porn.
5) The Only Sane Man is, in fact, Rocket.
6) Superhero movies don’t have to be Very Serious Business to be enjoyable.
7) I need to watch this again with the ability to freeze the scene to really take inventory of what’s in the background.
8) Gamora is unfortunately not the deadliest woman in the universe.
9) Mix tapes are awesome.
10) Peter Quill is an adorkable dude-bro. I marvel at how that contradiction manages to work out.
It’s fun, it’s splashy, it’s a bit formulaic, but a good time, and the overall story of the Marvel Cinematic Universe is building up. Stay all the way through the credits to the final scene. And, to paraphrase Mel Brooks, “God willing we’ll all meet up again in Guardians of the Galaxy 2.” Also, I really hope they bring in Cosmo!